Broadbandreports.com New Recipes · Old Recipes · Enjoy

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Silver Spoon Trattoria at Bandar Menjalara, Kepong

I’ve no idea why it took me so long to visit Silver Spoon Trattoria. Probably its because there were far too many food bloggers who had blogged for Silver Spoon. As most of them were being invited for reviews, this had made me skeptical whether or not to trust their reviews as being honestly written or not. To prevent myself from jumping to conclusion, I decided to try their set lunch first.

Each set comes with a starter, a main meal and dessert. Drinks were not included in the set meals. For starters we ordered the Stuffed Mushrooms and the Crumbed Calamari. Look at these entrees, ain’t it beautiful? I’ve got to give the credit to the chef who made the entrees. They look stunning. Taste wise however was okay -nothing surprising.

Mushroom.Salad

The same goes with the Crumbed Calamari. Some other entrees that you may order are their Tomato Bruschetta and the soup of the day.

Crumbed Calamari

As for the main meal, I ordered the Fish (Dory Fillet) and Chips. The fish was fresh and it tastes really good. Enough seasoning and it was not oily at all. The only problem with this meal were the fries. I don’t normally waste my food, but the fries was so bad that I ended up throwing a quarter of it away.

Fish&Chips

The Hawaiian Pizza that VK ordered fare much better than my fish and chips. This 6-inch pizza is not only thin and crispy, but it was prepared with reasonable amount of toppings.

Hawaiian.Pizza

For dessert, I ordered their Banana Crepes. The crepes goes really well with the ice-cream as the crepes was a little bit bitter. I guest they added a little bit of alcohol in it, hence the bitter taste.

Banana.Pancake

Chocolate Mousse on the other hand was good. It look lovely and it tastes good but I prefer it to be a little bit swettier.

ChocolateMousse

The restaurant looks genuinely enough, spacey and woody. They have these gorgeous lightings and beautiful architecture which made the whole restaurant more elegant. If the kitchen could be a little bit faster and spend a little more effort in preparing better food, this would be a great place to bring your date.

SilverSpoonInterior

We paid RM21.90+ for each lunch set meals. Reasonably priced considering the portion we got. The food was beautifully prepared but I feel that Silver Spoon has a lot of improvement to do to serve their customers better. Time is a crucial factor when it comes to lunch time and lucky thing that we were not working on that day.

Details of this restaurant:

Silver Spoon Trattoria
Address: 1st Floor, Wisma Menjalara, Bandar Menjalara, 52200, Kuala Lumpur.
GPS Coordinates: N3 11.718 E101 37.945
Tel: 03 6277 0445

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

World of Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment