Broadbandreports.com New Recipes · Old Recipes · Enjoy

Thursday, September 8, 2011

How to De-Skunk Your Dog


For me, it’s not a matter of ‘if’ we’ll get sprayed by a skunk, it’s more a matter of when. I’ve startled a skunk on more than one occasion while dog walking in the early evening, but fortunately our city skunks are somewhat used to people.


However, I know that my luck is running low and one of these days the skunk will spray both my dog and me with a foul odor. The pungent skunk smell is hard to overcome but I’ve been given the following recipe by a friend to keep on hand in case I ever need to de-skunk my pup.

I have not used this de-skunking recipe myself, so proceed at your own risk. The mixture is mixed together in a bucket and due to the chemical reaction be prepared for it to foam and fizz. Do not wet the dog first, just begin rubbing the mixture into effected areas then rinsing with warm water. Continue repeating until skunk odor dissipates. Avoid getting mixture into eyes or ears and rinse dog thoroughly when done.


De-Skunking Dog Recipe
4 cups hydrogen peroxide
4 Tablespoons baking soda
1 teaspoon dishwashing soap (like Dawn)


Are there any skunk smell remedies that you’ve tried and found to actually work?


World of Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment