Broadbandreports.com New Recipes · Old Recipes · Enjoy

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

No-Flour / Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe


Peanut butter is a staple ingredient in my household. Not only did I grow up eating it every morning on my toast, my mother made the most decadent peanut butter frosting and peanut butter pie. And, in the summer when we would visit Mackinac Island, we’d always buy a slab of Mackinac Island peanut butter fudge.


Of course, peanut butter does have a reputation (*sigh*, don’t we all?) – it’s become somewhat synonymous with Elvis Presley and his own struggle with its nutty goodness in sandwiches. So much so that there’s even a Peanut Butter & Banana Cocoa in his honor.

Peanut Butter Nutrition


Ok, let’s face it — Elvis kinda gave peanut butter a bad name and tainted it as a heart attack food. In reality, peanuts and peanut butter offer many health benefits. In many cases, peanut butters are high in sugar and sodium, which can quickly negate the nutritional value, so I opt for all-natural products which don’t add in all the bad stuff.


Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe


When it comes right down to it, I love peanut butter but especially in cookies. I had a craving the other night but knew I didn’t have any flour. So I went to the web and discovered the ‘flourless’ peanut butter cookie recipe with only 3 ingredients (1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg).


Seriously, that’s all there is to it.


Blend the ingredients then roll into walnut sized balls. Place on a cookie sheet and squish the ball down with the backside of a fork, the same way you make a regular peanut butter cookie. Bake in a 350F oven for 8-10 minutes, then cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.



The cookies came out chewy and delicious. For a crisper cookie, bake a minute or two longer. Although the texture isn’t as crumbly and shortbread-like without the sugar, the flavour is still wonderfully rich. They hit the spot … and not too many survived until the next day.


More Peanut Butter Recipe Ideas


My stomach is grumbling now as I write this wishing there were still some left. Maybe I’ll have to buy some flour and try another childhood favorite cookie which features peanut butter, the Monster Cookie. Or, this striking Peanut Butter Cake.


For healthier peanut options, I’m also considering Peanut Butter and Honey Granola. I love a hearty (and nutty) granola for breakfast or afternoon snack. But, then there is this Peanut Butter Krispy Treats recipe using natural ingredients like brown rice cereal and maple syrup.


So many options — it’s time to go grocery shopping!


World of Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment