Broadbandreports.com New Recipes · Old Recipes · Enjoy

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Martha Stewart’s Daughter Tells All in Tweeny Book

Alexis Stewart (left) with co-author Jennifer Koppelman Hutt

Oh, Martha. You’ve had some bad press lately, and now your own daughter is bashing you. In her new book, out October 18, Alexis Stewart writes, "Martha does everything better! You can't win! If I didn't do something perfectly, I had to do it again… I grew up with a glue gun pointed at my head."


The 46-year-old also complained that there wasn't food in the fridge fit to eat. "There was never anything to eat at my house. Other people had food. I had no food... There were ingredients but no prepared food of any kind."


Alexis also dishes out some of her 70-year-old mother’s dating advice, mainly to marry rich but sleep with the handsome. “A woman lived near us when I was little who had married someone very wealthy and very unattractive, and my mother actually told me when I was a small child, 'Now Alexis, if this ever happens, you make sure you have sex with somebody else to have their baby. Don't have his baby."


At least Alexis tried to apologize by prefacing Whateverland with, "Thanks in advance to my mother for not getting angry about anything written in this book." Still, no woman over the age of 40 should use the word "whatever."

The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.

Oh, Martha. You’ve had some bad press lately, and now your own daughter is bashing you. In her new book, out October 18, Alexis Stewart writes, "Martha does everything better! You can't win! If I didn't do something perfectly, I had to... Remember back when Beyoncé announced her pregnancy at the VMAs? Well, the day after Erin McKenna at BabyCakes NYC baked up mini cinnamon buns and christened them the Beyoncé Buns. “It was a slow day in the bakery and we just happened... Doughnut Plant won the Sweetest of Sweet award by popular vote at the New York City Wine & Food Festival’s Sweet, so we caught up with owner Mark Israel afterwards. He was slightly shocked and a little lost for words. “It’s so sweet...

World of Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment