Broadbandreports.com New Recipes · Old Recipes · Enjoy

Monday, October 24, 2011

Korean BBQ at Little Korea – Solaris Mon’t Kiara

Whenever I think about Korean food, I think of kimchi. Kimchi is a acquired taste dish and as I am not exposed to Korean food a lot, I don’t really know how to appreciate this kimchi. So I tried as much as possible to avoid it. Kimchis are usually served as a side dish or soup.

Side Dishes

If you do not know already, sides dishes in Korea restaurants, are not limited. You may order a refill as many times as you wish. There are no additional charges for ordering more of it.

Unlimited Side Dishes

One of the things we ordered that day was their omellete called the Korean Scallion Pancake priced at RM25.00. The Korean Scallion Pancake does look great. Lots of toppings and its’ size is huge. However, we were not impressed by this dish as it wasn’t crispy enough as it looks. The amount of greens in this dish was overwhelming that it dampens the omellete.

Omellete

For our main dishes, we ordered a plate of Pork Ribs priced at RM30.00 marinated with their in-house sauce. Here, you are given the option whether to allow the cook to cook the meat on your table itself or in the kitchen. We opted to have our meat cooked in front of us as we would like to see how our food are prepared.

Pork

The process is quite simple. First, the chef heated up the griller, then he dumps in all the ingredients with the onions first and thereafter the pork meat.

Cooked Pork Ribs

The same process was done for our beef. Onions first and then the beef.

Beef

I got to say, it sure does looks simple enough for me to do this at home, but whenever I cook, I don’t get this result. I’m sure there must be something extra that must be done before or maybe during the cooking time. What is it, I’m not sure. Maybe it’s the marinate that is doing the trick.

Almost Done Rib Eye

Among the “few” Korean restaurants that I’ve visited, Little Korea‘s barbeque is one of my favourite. I just love those sweet and tender pork ribs and rib eye. It was really yummy! So the next time, if you are around Solaris Mon’t Kiara and do not know what to eat, I recommend you to try Little Korea.

Details of this restaurant are as follows:

Little Korea Korean Restaurant
Address: 5-3 7-3 9-3, Jalan Solaris One, Solaris Mon’t Kiara, Kuala Lumpur
GPS Coordinates: N3 10.448 E101 39.607
Tel: 03-6203 7217

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

World of Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment