Broadbandreports.com New Recipes · Old Recipes · Enjoy

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pesto

I am in love. I can't believe I have never made pesto before...it was quick and simple to make and tasted fantastic. I have tried several different store bought pestos but never found one that I liked - I will NEVER buy pesto again. I am so excited to make different recipes with this beautiful sauce. It's so versatile and can be used on meats, salads, sandwiches or pastas.
  • 5 cloves of garlic
  • 1/4 cup of pine nuts, toasted
  • 2 cups of fresh basil leaves
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup olive oil

You can use a mortar and pestle, a Kitchen Aid mixer or a blender to make this pesto. I used my Kitchen Aid mixer.

In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast pine nuts for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.

In your mixer add garlic and pine nuts then pulse until chopped. Add basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper then pulse until well blended. Slowly pour the olive oil in while the mixer is on. Make sure to scrape the sides then pulse again until thoroughly mixed. Taste and re-season with salt and pepper if necessary. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment